Technical Writer Virtual Internship (DRAFT Description)
Fall 2013 & Spring 2014
2 Internships available each semester
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Education and Access (ASEA) is seeking two interns interested in an opportunity to learn and grow their skills and talents with technical writing. With this internship, there will be the opportunity to be mentored in writing technical documents for training users of ASEA’s MySI content management system suite of documents and online presence.
We seek the following skills:
- Education or experience in writing technical/training documents
- Proficiency with Word Processing
- Understanding of training guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in working on educational materials
- Self-motivated and driven
- Highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have a writing portfolio available as part of submission of application.
A superior intern candidate will have experience with online systems
Internship Outcomes and Goals:
- Gain experience with documents that describe MySI programs and learn how to train others with written documents.
- Learn technical communications with a wide set of audiences.
- Gain experience writing training and technical documents.
To apply, please send a CV or résumé, sample work from your portfolio, and information on your availability (hours/week, times of the day) to intern with us to firstname.lastname@example.org