Intern position: Document Designer Intern
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Education and Access (ASEA) is seeking an intern interested in an opportunity to learn and grow their skills and talents with document and graphic design. With this internship, there will be the opportunity to be mentored in the visual direction of ASEA’s MySI suite of documents and online presence.
We seek the following skills:
- Education or experience in illustration, technical illustration, or graphic design
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Understanding of color, composition, and layout guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in working on educational materials for K-12 science
- Self-motivated and driven
- Highly organized
- Versatile illustration styles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have online portfolio available as part of submission of application
Please link to your portfolio in submission A superior intern candidate will have experience with online design.
Internship Outcomes and Goals:
- Gain experience with documents that describe ASEA programs and learn how to enhance the messages communicated in them.
- Learn design, lay out, and visual communications with a wide set of audiences
- Gain experience establishing, organizing , and maintaining digital assets with ASEA documents
To apply, please send a CV with links to your online portfolio and information on your availability (hours/week, times of the day) to intern with us to email@example.com