Intern position: Virtual STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Intern
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Education and Access is seeking an intern interested an opportunity to learn and grow their skills in producing web portals.
We seek the following skills:
- Education or experience in Educational Technology
- Strong skills in research
- Ability to research and organize collections of digital assets from Smithsonian Resources and Exhibits
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in working on educational materials for K-12 science
- Self-motivated and driven
- Highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have portfolio available as part of submission of application
Please link to your portfolio in submission A superior intern candidate will have experience with online design.
Internship Outcomes and Goals:
- Learn how to do research in resource rich environment.
- Learn design, lay out, and visual communications with a wide set of audiences
- Learn how to organize and present resources in thematic, multidisciplinary ways targeting different audiences.
- Learn how to create new digital resources that incorporate primary and secondary documents for learners at different levels
To apply, please send a CV, samples from your portfolio, and information on your availability (hours/week, times of the day) to intern with us to firstname.lastname@example.org